Unlimited topics, personal or business even on pre-existing conditions
24/7 Emergency Assistance
After-hours legal consultation for covered legal emergencies such as: if you're arrested or detained, if you're seriously injured, if you're served with a warrant, or if the state tries to take your child(ren).
Letters and Phone Calls on Your Behalf
- Available at the discretion of your Provider Lawyer
- Unlimited personal topics, two business topics year (one per non-related matter)
Legal Document Review (up to 10 pages each)
- Contracts/documents up to 10 pages each
- Unlimited personal topics, one business per year
Standard Will Preparation
- Standard Will with yearly reviews/updates
- Available to covered family members for $30
- Other documents available: Powers of Attorney for Personal Care and Property
Note:If the Provider Law Firm arranges for Wills and Powers of Attorney to be executed at another law firm, the fee is $50 for named member, and $50 for covered family members who get theirs executed at the same time. Otherwise $75 per person. Yearly reviews/updates follow same fee schedule as initial Wills and Powers of Attorney.
Assistance (letter or phone call on your behalf) regarding written or implied warranties on goods you have purchased or leased
Lease Agreement Review
For your primary residence before you sign
Help Contacting Government Agencies
Debt Collection Assistance
A phone call or letter on your behalf to help recover any outstanding debt owed to you.
Tenant Legal Advice
- Lease of property for personal use
- Problems arising with your landlord's failure to provide proper and necessary services to you
Small Claims Court Advice
Your Provider Law Firm will discuss your case with you and provide advice on preparing your case.
Social Assistance Legal Advice
Estate Settlement Advice
For questions regarding the settlement of an estate you have a direct interest in
Consumer Protection Benefits
Letters/phone calls on your behalf to a third party, related to the lease or purchase of goods or services.
Your LegalShield Family Plan Covers:
- The member
- The member's spouse
- Never-married dependent children under 21 living at home
- Dependent children under age 18 for whom the member is legal guardian
- Full-time college students up to age 23; never married, dependent children
- Physically or mentally challenged children living at home
Additional Information: Fines, court costs, penalties, expert witness fees, bonds, bail bonds, and any out-of-pocket expenses are your responsibility and are not part of your membership fees and/or benefits. Emergency services are subject to conditions imposed by the detaining/questioning authority.
25% off additional legal services:You may continue to use your Provider Law Firm for legal situations that extend beyond plan coverage. The additional services are 25% off the standard hourly rate. You will receive a 33.3% discount from the standard hourly rate for representation should you need legal services that must be performed outside of a lawyer's office. Hourly rates for Provider Firms and court appearances may vary. A retainer fee will be required for services under this benefit.
This is a general overview of your legal plan coverage for illustration purposes only. See a plan contract for complete terms, coverage, amounts, conditions and exclusions.
Please note, class actions, interventions or amicus curiae filings in which you are a part or potential part are not covered by the LegalShield membership.
LegalShield provides access to legal services offered by a network of provider law firms to LegalShield members through membership based participation. Neither LegalShield nor its officers, employees or sales associates directly or indirectly provide legal services, representation or advice.
To learn more about LegalShield Plans and to Buy Now, visit www.raeok.ca